Wednesday, March 9, 2016

2016 TBR Pile Challenge

One of my goals every year for the past few years has been to read 52 books. I haven't hit it yet, but I like the challenge even if I don't make it. However, a lot of the books that I do read tend to be new purchases or new releases, which means the books that I have sitting on my shelves or have wanted to read for years don't get touched.

That is why I am taking part in Bookish Lifestyle's 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, It runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016 and all you have to do is read books that were published in 2015 or earlier (no 2016's or ARCs). Any format, any genre!

The breakdown for this challenge is:
1-10 A Firm Handshake
11-20 A Friendly Hug
21-30 First Kiss
31-40 Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 Could This Be Love?
50+ Married with Children

I've been hitting around 40 books a year so this will put me at around half from my TBR pile. I really want to get my TBR shelf down-I'm almost out of room!


Until next time,
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Just stopped by because I'm on the TBR challenge after you. My goal is to read about 50 books a year, but family life has kept me so busy lately that 35 is more realistic. Here is my #2016TBRPile post http://books.thetechchef.net/2016-tbr-pile-reading-challenge-2016tbrpile/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your goal! I've read 6 books from my physical TBR shelf, and 5 more from the library, so I'm at the low end of my goal so far :)

      Delete