Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome to Reading in Moccasins!

Here are a few things about me to get you started:

My name is Claire and I’m turning 26 in a few days. I have an insane cat named Lily who likes to wake me up at 5:30 in the morning so she can eat. Thankfully, I need to wake up at that time during the week to get to work, but on the weekends, it is less appreciated. I have a full time job as editing concrete placement exams. It’s as strange as it sounds but is a pretty great job. And a great way to use my BA in Creative Writing *shrugs*.

I’m an avid reader and pick up everything from classics to middle grade; contemporary, historical, fantasy, you name it. I also watch an unhealthy amount of tv shows but have been trying to pair it down to only the ones I absolutely love. I'm always trying to find balance between keeping up with my shows and reading from my ever growing TBR pile.

I enjoy baking and cooking—mostly recipes I find on pinterest, so get ready to see some of those around here. I've been trying to make a new recipe at least twice a month, and have been fairly successful. I love experimenting with new ideas around the kitchen.

Three times a week (usually), I do yoga, and am always working harder to get to the gym for cardio and weightlifting at least two other days. I hope to put together some of my routines here to not only share what I do with you, but also to keep up my motivation. Surprisingly, searching pinterest for workouts helps sometimes!

As I mentioned before, I'm an editor of sorts and have been at my job for about four months (but have been editing technical documents for a few years). With this new job, I still work in a business casual environment, but I do some travelling that also requires a bit more business professional look. Add this to just wanting to be comfortable and put together, I've been trying to scale up my wardrobe and feel like trendy twenty-something (but still be comfortable!), which is a little out of my comfort zone. I hope that I can share my new style with you and get some feedback on how I'm doing!

Well, that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed this little “getting to know me” intro and will stick around once I get some actual posts up!

Until next time,
Claire

1 comment:

  1. Hello Claire! You have such a beautiful blog already! I can't wait to read your reviews, especially The Handmaid's Tale. I'm looking forward to reading your posts about your fitness plans too, I've recently taken up running so I'll keep out a watchful eye... it all sounds like a great mix. Welcome to the blogging world, I hope you enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete