Wednesday, May 11, 2016

March/April Wrap-Up

Hey folks! Time for another two-month reading wrap-up. I'm hoping to move to monthly starting with May, but we'll see how that goes :)

For now, here's what I read in March and April (plus one from February that I apparently missed :|)


Passenger (Passenger, #1)Title: Passenger
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Series: Passenger #1
Published: January 5, 2016
Read: February 14, 2016
Rating: 5 stars
Challenge: PopSugar
Quick Review: Oh man! Did I love this book! I'm a sucker for time travel after devouring the Outlander series and this did not disappoint. Etta is an amazing, strong female character and her growing relationship with Nicholas throughout the book was everything I could have hoped. It does jump around from time and place a lot, but it make sense for the plot. I only wish we could have spent a little more time in some places. I cannot wait for Wayfarer to come out, currently scheduled for January 3, 2017. Too long!

Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-#0.2)Title: Cruel Crown
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Red Queen #0.1 & 0.2
Published: January 5, 2016
Read: March 8, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Challenge: PopSugar
Quick Review: I loved Red Queen so much and this novella collection was a great inside look into the world a little more. I love getting some background on Farley and how she teamed up with Shade. And Corianne's story - oh man was the good. I would love to get more from that time of the books, before her death and everything goes to hell.


Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)Title: Dorothy Must Die
Author: Danielle Paige
Series: Dorothy Must Die #1
Published: April 1, 2014
Read: March 18, 2016
Rating: 3 stars
Challenge: TBR Pile
Quick Review: I was pleasantly surprised by Dorothy Must Die. I love The Wizard of Oz and of course was worried that a retelling with Dorothy as the villain might be a turn off, but it was an enjoyable read. It was a little strange seeing these beloved characters in a different light though.


Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)

Title: Red Queen
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Red Queen #1
Published: February 10, 2015
Rating: 5 stars
Challenge: None
Quick Review: I read this last year when it came out and to prepare for Glass Sword, I listened to the audio book on my way to work. I'm so glad I did! I had forgotten a few big things that happened because it had been so long, and I loved it even more than the first time!


Wolf by Wolf (Wolf by Wolf, #1)Title: Wolf By Wolf
Author: Ryan Graudin
Series: Wolf By Wolf #1
Published: October 20, 2015
Read: April 19, 2016
Rating: 5 stars
Challenge: TBR Pile
Quick Review: I received this in my first (and so far only) Uppercasse. It is a great book subscription box, that I would love to get all the time, but just isn't in the cards right now. Anyway, Wolf by Wolf was a fabulous read! I love reading about WWII and the Holocaust, tragic as it was, and this alternate history with fantasy elements was the perfect book for me. Yael is a fascinating character and even early on in the book, surprises are thrown at her and the reader. Plus that ending!! I can't wait to see what comes next in Blood For Blood, current release set for November 1, 2016. Plus, there's a novel, Iron to Iron, that I'm hoping to get my hands on soon.

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Title: Glass Sword
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series: Red Queen #2
Published: Februar 9, 2016
Read: April
Rating: 5 stars
Challenge: PopSugar
Quick Review: Oh. My God. Why does Victoria Aveyard keep doing this to me? To us?? Another ending that just hit me in the gut. I don't want to say anything more for those that haven't read it, but seriously, why haven't you? This is an amazing series!!


What have you been reading recently? I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment